SUPER CHEAP POND LINER! BUY HERE!

iHammeriHammer Posts: 65Member
edited February 2010 in Tropical / Freshwater Fish
So some friendly advice, if you want liner, buy it from here (http://www.btlliners.com/viewpage.php?pID=32), usually for the lowest quality liner you would expect to pay AU 11 dollars per square meter. These guys sell the best quality liners (some one told me the quality is really really good) for just USD 40 cents per square meter! 0_0

That is so cheap. The only problem I have is that they don't deliver to Australia, when I realized that liner was so damn expensive I decided not to make a pond, but now that I have found such a cheap alternative I will definitely be buying, only if there was a way to make them deliver to Australia. One of my relatives lives in the USA, maybe I can make them send it to their house and they can mail it to us. Do you think that will work? Is there some sort of delivery company that delivers products to countries that the original seller does not? Because there is a company that does it for the website NewEgg, NewEgg only delivers to the USA, but this company can deliver new eggs products to Australia. Is there a company similar to this that can do it for this website?

Comments

• IsabelleIsabelle Posts: 953Member
    Good luck is all I can say. Everytime I've tried getting something from US that they won't ship they won't budge. Even if they accommodate you the freight charges will outway the savings you've made on the liner. Why don't you just go buy an above ground pond. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4452. Saves a lot of hassles. I had to have something above ground because of the cane toads. Cost me $450.
  • iHammeriHammer Posts: 65Member
    "Isabelle" said:
    Good luck is all I can say. Everytime I've tried getting something from US that they won't ship they won't budge. Even if they accommodate you the freight charges will outway the savings you've made on the liner. Why don't you just go buy an above ground pond. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4452. Saves a lot of hassles. I had to have something above ground because of the cane toads. Cost me $450.
    But how much does liner usually cost? From this website called creativepumps.com.au their cheapest one costs 11 dollars per square meter. And 40 cents per square meter is still super cheap, if I can ship it to my cousins house to the US, they can ship it to us for 50 bucks, so instead of paying 700 bucks for liner for a 5x5x1.2 pond, I can pay 30+50=80 for the liner.
  • 321clayt321clayt Posts: 761Member
    Why not look at concrete as well thats what we used but you do have to use some chemical to render that safe. Can't remeber what that is called but I think at the time we got it from the chemist.

Saying that it was around 25 years ago that we made the pond :laugh2:
  • IsabelleIsabelle Posts: 953Member
    I have no idea how much liners cost. You're just gonna have to do your research and work out what's best for you and your budget.
  • shatts62shatts62 Posts: 102Member
    Great price but postage from the US is so expenive
  • BinaryBinary Posts: 18Member
    "iHammer" said:
    hey can ship it to us for 50 bucks, so instead of paying 700 bucks for liner for a 5x5x1.2 pond, I can pay 30+50=80 for the liner.
    Must be very light if its only going to cost $50 for post from USA. Be sure to give us an update on how you go.
  • richinqldrichinqld Posts: 87Member
    [quote="Isabelle"]Good luck is all I can say. Everytime I've tried getting something from US that they won't ship they won't budge. Even if they accommodate you the freight charges will outway the savings you've made on the liner. Why don't you just go buy an above ground pond. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4452. Saves a lot of hassles. I had to have something above ground because of the cane toads. Cost me $450.[/quote

The only way to have it shipped from the usa is to order it to an American address where someone you know lives, and having that person ship it to you. I have an old friend in Chicago that does that for me and it works fine. You need to be fortunate enough to have someone in the states willing to do this for you.