Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

my jewel fish looks dirty

RhiannonRhiannon Member Posts: 15
can anyone please tell me why my jewel fish looks dirty?
I did a bit of reading and I came up with either its sick or its stressed but I seriously doubt its sick or has a disease as we keep our tank in good condition, she has recently laid eggs but they all got eaten or sucked up in the filter, they didn't get fertilised either, she just looks really grubby, I also thought its because she's been hiding under a rock for the last week or so

Comments

• MoooMooo Moderator Posts: 7,653
    edited June 2015
    Hi & welcome,
    A photo will help, Don't assume your water is ok just from sight, Get some test kits :) It could be water, it could be an illness, it could be age, it could be worms, Could be a number of things :/ Hard to tell from "my fish looks dirty" ;;)
    photo mooo_avat.gif "I'm a Doug Addict" photo cow2heartkisses.gif
  • RhiannonRhiannon Member Posts: 15
    I could try get a pic for u if u want to have a look. It looks like she has algea growing on her :(
  • FraykFrayk Member Posts: 1,009
    Id say she is curtains, you could try a 60% water change, increase aeration, drop the thermostat, [heater] say by 2 degrees, definitely treat with multi cure [use a good brand]
    and ensure Ph levels are correct. Good luck. :)>-