Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Be Sun Smart

Ok, I know it is not fish related but it is the first forum people see.

Do not forget to check your body for Melanoma's unlike this old fool, who didn't bother with his latest Mole this will be my 13th Melanoma removal the first 12 were all Benign and this one looks serious, I won't find out till next week.

Here is a pic, well there goes the tattoo on my back and it looks like it has teeth Lol.
photo DSC_0113B.jpg
Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes & dreams.

Comments

• FraykFrayk Member Posts: 1,009
    Not good olm8,not good at all.At least your on to it!!!!! :) Im sure all will be fine. o:)
  • MadfishladyMadfishlady Member Posts: 16
    Oh no! I hope it turns out to be another benign one. Take care!
  • MoooMooo Moderator Posts: 7,653
    OMG matey :worried: I hope they manage to cut that sucker right out :no_mouth:
    photo mooo_avat.gif "I'm a Doug Addict" photo cow2heartkisses.gif
  • Heintz.GHeintz.G Moderator Posts: 1,363
    Thanks all for your concern :) it's only a BCC which the Dr will cut out next month when he gets back from leave.

Basal cell carcinoma (BCC)
    BCC accounts for about 70% of non-melanoma skin cancers. It begins in the lower layer of the epidermis (top, outer layer of the skin). It can appear anywhere on the body but most commonly develops on parts of the body that receive high or intermittent sun exposure (head, face, neck, shoulders and back). 
    Basal cell carcinoma symptoms
    BCC often has no symptoms and tends to grow slowly without spreading to other parts of the body.

Symptoms of BCC may include:
    a pearly lump
    a scaly, dry area that is shiny and pale or bright pink in colour.

Causes of non-melanoma skin cancers
    Skin cancer occurs when skin cells are damaged, for example, by overexposure to ultraviolet (UV) radiation from the sun. Between 95% and 99% of skin cancers in Australia are caused by exposure to the sun. The risk of skin cancer is increased for people who have:
    increased numbers of unusual moles (dysplastic naevi)
    fair skin, a tendency to burn rather than tan, freckles, light eye colour, light or red hair colour
    had a previous skin cancer.

Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes & dreams.
  • MadfishladyMadfishlady Member Posts: 16
    Glad to hear it isn't too nasty. I know bcc's well. I had one cut out of my nose & had to have a skin graft. Not fun. Wear sunscreen everyone