Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RS aquarium products

Hi all I'm looking to upgrade my fish tank to something bigger and have been having a look at a few products. I've found some RS electrical tanks. Im wondering if anybody has had experience with this brand or anything? they present well but i can't find a lot of info on the web. any info and advice would be great.

Comments

• Heintz.GHeintz.G Moderator Posts: 1,363
    Hi Brad and welcome, from what I could see on the net they are a supplier of aquarium supplies based in China? correct me if I am wrong. They do have some good looking setups, depending on where you are it might be cheaper to look at LFS in your local area.
    Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes & dreams.
  • Brad1234Brad1234 Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2017
    I've found the brand at go troppo in wangara in Perth. the cost is quite reasonable - cheaper than what i have found elsewhere which had me thinking about the quality of the product.
    LFS=Local Fish Shop, not a dumb question at all ;) I just had at look at Go Troppo tanks fairly priced for all in one systems and look similar to Aqua one setups, if you have the money go for it (just make sure there is a decent Warranty just in case something goes wrong with it)
    Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes & dreams.
    So, how's the setup hunting going?
  • Brad1234Brad1234 Member Posts: 3
    I've managed to pick up a 220 litre aqua one regency for a reasonable price so I'm just cycling it now fro fish to start in a couple of days. it comes with a sump which is great but a touch loud. thinking that i may put some rubber or foam under the submersible pump and maybe a nylon sock of the drip pipe that feeds into the sump - any thoughts as to whether this is a reasonable option of any better ideas - there is some vibration and a the trickle of water is quite load. a little trickle noise is nice but theres a fair noise at the moment
  • FraykFrayk Member Posts: 1,009
    Just my opinion m8, never heard of a reliable or practical sump filtration set up yet. praps im ignorant, possibly good discussion, oh and welcome, :D
  • 321clayt321clayt Member Posts: 766
    edited February 2017
    If you want to make your sump silent extend the pipe down under the water. If its like my aquaone piping it will be the wrong fitting so just wrap the pipe with plumbers tape and twist it into position. As for aquaone pumps they are good at pushing water but for vibrations they are crap. Look at replacing the pump with a DC pump like Jabeo and they are near on silent running.