Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anubias baxteri

FraykFrayk Member Posts: 1,008
Hi all, the Anubius i have in Jardys tank has started to lose its leaves, one by one, nothing has changed as far as Temp, Ph, etc,etc, the tank has a 1200 uv Canister filter, temp set at 25 degrees, it s a 400 ltre tank ,any help appreciated. Cheers.

Comments

• Heintz.GHeintz.G Moderator Posts: 1,363
    edited June 2017
    That's not good mate, just a couple of questions.

Are the leaves turning yellow before they're falling off.

Could it be one on the tank inhabitants destroying the plant.

Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes & dreams.
  • FraykFrayk Member Posts: 1,008
    Mmmmm, no they are just looking dour and then just fall off and im scooping 3 to 4 large leaves outta the tank almost every day. Jardy has never thrashed out on plants, but ill keep an eye out for that behaviour, thanks. Cheers.
    Something I forgot to ask, is it tied to wood, rock or did you plant it in the substrate?
    Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes & dreams.
    Its tied to a nice piece of wood, Heintz. :( :(
    Ok, how does the rhizome look is it still nice and green.
    How tight did you tie it to the wood.
    Thanks Heintz, on closer inspection , the rhizome which is around 14 inches long, has become detached from the wood by about 2/3 rds, and no, the stem looks brownish, doh! Is this the cause of the leaf drop? Cheers.
    How's the Barteri doing??
    Not good, have trimmed it up and retied it, time will tell, cheers ;)
    Fingers crossed it will be ok.
  • MoooMooo Moderator Posts: 7,653
    Very slow to grow, after such a leaf fall, they take ages to come good :/ it might need some ferts :? not that they normally do, but your tank may be lacking in a mineral it needs :/
    photo mooo_avat.gif "I'm a Doug Addict" photo cow2heartkisses.gif
    Thanks Mooo, ill give it some ferts and see what happens, i dont normally fertilize plants too much, praps i should a bit more!!!! Cheers. :)
    Great news!!!! Anubius up and running,it stopped dropping leaves,and is now putting on new growth, i added some liquid fert, increased the temp by 2 degrees {25 to 27 }, and increased aeration, it seems to have worked a treat. :)
  • MoooMooo Moderator Posts: 7,653
    Awesome news mate :wink:
    photo mooo_avat.gif "I'm a Doug Addict" photo cow2heartkisses.gif