Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Air pump - to buy or not to buy?

IcemistIcemist Member Posts: 10
Hi,
I am setting up a African Cichlid tank, tank is 250 litres (100 x 50 x 50) and was wondering if an air pump is needed? I have had air pumps in my other tanks, but I have read varying differences to have or not to have with Cichlids. What are your thoughts and if so, what size and brand?
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• animal_expert01animal_expert01 Member Posts: 380
    > @Icemist said:
    > Hi,
    > I am setting up a African Cichlid tank, tank is 250 litres (100 x 50 x 50) and was wondering if an air pump is needed? I have had air pumps in my other tanks, but I have read varying differences to have or not to have with Cichlids. What are your thoughts and if so, what size and brand?
    > Thanks in advance.
    As far as I am aware, air pumps only aerate the tank via disturbing the surface, just like the output of a filter. They are not needed in an understocked tank but considering it is an African Chiclid tank I would assume you are going to overstock to try and disrupt aggression? If so then an air pump is not a bad idea.
  • IcemistIcemist Member Posts: 10
    Is ther one you can recommend, and what size for a 250 litre tank
  • Heintz.GHeintz.G Moderator Posts: 1,363
    I was running this, Aqua One Precision 9500 Air Pump, in a 250Lt tank and had no problems with it.

Also it come with a 3 year warranty.
    Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes & dreams.