Not sure if I have posted this in the correct area, but here goes.
I need some help with a decision and some advice. Happy to take on board any advice.
I was originally looking at setting up an African Cichlid tank, but have recently taken a shine to Discus.
I am about to start the tank cycling, but have slowed down due to making this decision. I have read my article on both and watched heaps of YouTube clips but are still unsure.
So I have a number of questions:
1. The standard PH on my taps is around 7.2, which puts the PH between both.
2. Has anyone had experience with either of these types of cichlids and is one easier than the other?
3. Since the PH is at 7.2, should would one be easier to maintain that the other?
4. Is it also easier to drop the PH or increase the PH since my water is near the middle of both.
5. And is there any natural way to decrease of increase the PH?