Thanks for the add Admins.
I am studying Aquarium Management and thought that joining a forum such as this would be a great way to meet aquarists that I may be able to ask questions in relation to my studies from time to time.
I have an assignment that I am working on where I am to find a willing aquarist to answer a few questions about their own aquarium.
- How did your passion begin?
- What are the benefits of having an aquarium?
- What are the disadvantages?
- How much time do you spend per day/week managing your aquarium(s)?
- Other than the obvious, what are the main differences between having a saltwater vs freshwater tank?
- What rare species can you keep?
One other question is:
- What happens when you dip a net into a tank of a school of bright coloured fish (e.g: cardinals)?
- Observe their reaction and why do you think this happens?
I assume that the fish will scatter away from the net but may also display some sort of colour change - I think it would be most likely that they lose their bright colouration. I would expect that this is a defensive behaviour.
If any one is able to help me out with the above questions, I would be really grateful.
A bit about me - At present I only have a pond with a few goldfish but as time goes on, and I have completed my course, I plan to set up some more elaborate set ups - possibly cichlids, but I am not 100% decided as yet.
Thanks in advance for anyone that is able to help.