Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bendy Lake Tebera Rainbows

UnaUna Member Posts: 4
Hey Everyone, first post here so sorry in advance if I post in the wrong place..
A couple of months ago I got sent 6 Lake Tebera Rainbow Melanotaenia herbertaxelrodia .. I noticed on unpacking they were quite kinked but put it down to travel stress.. The bends didn't get better with time, I sadly lost 3 of them -they severely buckled up.. Now 6 or so weeks later I have two bendies and one that seems normal.. It's looks like they have scoliosis but someone mentioned tonight they thought it could be TB .. They are in a 4 foot community tank so that is a really scary thought..
Any idea on what could be wrong with my babies?
Thank you xo

Comments

• UnaUna Member Posts: 4
    Better photos.. Anyone have ANY ideas? I am sad they all arrived like this and I don't know how or if I can help them 😔

• FraykFrayk Member Posts: 1,008
    I think its caused by some kind of mycobacteria.
    Sadly its curtains for the fish.
    Sorry thats all i know about it :/
  • Heintz.GHeintz.G Moderator Posts: 1,363
    Hi Una,

I'm afraid Frayk is right, it's time to cull what you have left in Tebera's, on a side note where did they come from?
    Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes & dreams.
    edited May 2018
    Oh nooooooo... They all came from livefish.com like this... I am so gutted!
    They were part of a huge order I placed with livefish.com for my newly cycled 4ft tank 😓
    I hope they won't affect the rest of the tank? ... They cost a small fortune on their own without everyone else included 😩😭😢
  • Heintz.GHeintz.G Moderator Posts: 1,363
    Hi Una,

I had a look on the Livefish website and couldn't find any Lake Tebera, are you sure they weren't Lake Kutubu? in any case did you get in contact with Livefish and let them know.

Here's the link https://www.livefish.com.au/contacts
    Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes & dreams.
    Yeah 100% sure they are Tebera... I have contacted them.. They may have removed them from the site for now.. Thank you for your help 😊🐠