Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bit suspicious

BobBob Member, Classifieds Posts: 708
Getting fishy around here again, been a long long time. Hope I can drop a pic in.

Comments

• FraykFrayk Member Posts: 1,009
    Awesome. love the scape, are they gouramis or rainbows?
  • BobBob Member, Classifieds Posts: 708
    Hi Frank,

I have three pearl gourami in there at the moment plus three clown loaches that are not so obvious. Will be adding a few Siamese algae eaters in a couple of weeks to keep any BBA under control. School of harlequins and maybe a red tail shark to finish.

Slowly slowly but should be done in six to eight weeks depending on nitrogen cycle

Cheers
    Good stuff, keep us posted. Cheers.
  • Heintz.GHeintz.G Moderator Posts: 1,363
    Hi Bob,

That's one good looking tank and I agree slowly is the best way to go about it.

Cheers,
    Heintz.G
    Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes & dreams.
    edited July 2018

If the update is not here will try a different method again shortly.

About 8 weeks along with almost complete stock. Possible Red Tailed Black Shark, Fighter and opposite gender mosaic gourami to add, 20 harlequins and 6 kuhli have settled in well though I only rarely see the kuhli.

Second shot a today shot. Have just seen two of the kuhli!
    Looking good Bob, real good to hear from you as well :)
    I am liking this setup at the moment.

The 6x2x2 is up for a refurb and should be running within the next 14.

Keen to get it going.
    Looking at me looking at you, 1 of 6 released just over a week ago, there are multiple kuhli still as I see numbers simultaneously. Too many hiding places but they seem to like it and are becoming more adventurous.
    Love my loaches but not easy to get all three in one shot.

Things are getting a bit out of control, in need of a tidy up I think.
    edited November 2018
    Things continued to get worse, took some action today but will need to make a determined effort to keep on top of things.

Duck weed which seems to have snuck in on a couple of plants is covering much of the surface competing for light and nutrients, absolute pain to get rid of but have made a start and will be part of a daily routine til gone.

Second photo is after the “harvest”, third photo in the duck weed before removal of most of it today.