Fungus Infection

dimo
dimo Member Posts: 17
Can someone tell me please what is the best solution for a fungus/bacterial infection with my fish. I have a silver dollar that has what looks like fluffy substance on the side of its body. I have been doing 20% waterchanges for the past couple of days and will continue for another week. I only have access to online stores or Better Pets n Gardens 100kms away, and staff to my mind are not that knowledgeable with fish care. Need to know whats medication I should be using please.

Comments

• Heintz.G
    Heintz.G Moderator Posts: 1,367
    Grab some, Pimafix and Melafix ASAP.
    Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes & dreams.
  • dimo
  • Mooo
    Mooo Moderator Posts: 7,653
    add an extra airstone, as meds delete oxygen out of the water ;)
    photo mooo_avat.gif "I'm a Doug Addict" photo cow2heartkisses.gif
  • dimo
    ty both have got 2 airstones running anyway, but my question is do I have to do the Pimifix and Melafix for 7 days as directed on the bottle, and then use it only when required in future, or do you do a just in case dose occassionally?
  • Heintz.G
    Heintz.G Moderator Posts: 1,367
    Yep, just use as recommended, then store what's left in the goodies box just in case you need it again.
    Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes & dreams.