--- PLEASE SKIP TO MY LATEST POST FOR NEW EMERGENCIES (Pictures) ---
I have fairly new 2 cardinal tetras that seem to have fallen ill but with different symptoms. My initial thought was injury (Cardinal 1 looked like it was getting better but then looked like it started to flare up again) but I don't really want to take any chances and risk more tetras getting ill so I moved them into a quarantine tank today.
- Cardinal 1: Potential Popeye(?) / cloudy'ish membrane over the right eye.
(The eye isn't really bulging out of the eye socket like typical pop eye from what I've seen on the net).
- Cardinal 2: Somewhat small cloudy mass on right fin.
(Noticed this one a couple of days after cardinal A but couldve already had just did not see it)
- Cardinal 3: Wonky spine (more info in later post)
- Cardinal 4: Loss of scales (more info in later post)
- Cardinal 5: White spot on pupil of eye
Any Medications you've tried
- Tetracycline Hydrochloride tablets (didn't improve either symptoms)
We've had this tank for AGES but have just "revived" the tank early this year.
- 200 Litres
- 20-30% water change every week
- Tank mates: A lost of Guppies, 1x Sucking catfish, 2x very new dwarf gouramis and another 13x cardinals
- PH: 7.1
- GH: 100
- KH: 100
- Nitrates: 20
- Ammonia/Nitrites: 0