Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worms

What are your thoughts on feeding worms ?
I feed live black worms maybe every 3rd day and frozen bloodworms only when I have no live worms.
I have heard not to feed any type of worm too often.
Thoughts please.

Comments

• TallTree01TallTree01 Member Posts: 580
    That depends on the fish really. If I can get them on prepared food like flakes or pellets then I would feed them that as a staple. Prepared foods generally have more nutrients and stuff than live food.
    I find that most fish don't need live food to be healthy. That being said, their isn't much more satisfying than seeing your school of docile tetras swarming and fighting over a worm ;)
    It is fun to feed live food so there is no issue feeding it as an occasional treat
    I used to feed my Axolotls worms. No issues there. And I would feed the leftovers to my community tank. No harm done. The fish loved it and I enjoyed watching it. :)
  • Steve KnaggsSteve Knaggs Member Posts: 6
    I like to feed my fish variety with as much live food as I can. Flake once a day, pellets once a day and frozen food once a day. The frozen is varied with blood worms may once or twice a week.
  • DougDoug Member, Classifieds Posts: 2,371
    holy hell, that's a lot of food in a day! my tank gets fed normally about two out of three days haha
  • Steve KnaggsSteve Knaggs Member Posts: 6
    Small amounts more often is best as the food is eaten immediately.
  • Heintz.GHeintz.G Moderator Posts: 1,363
    I feed my lot 3 times a day and like you very their diet, as for worms I've never had problems feeding them. If you can grab some small garden worms try them with it mine go crazy even the tetras.
    Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes & dreams.
  • MoooMooo Moderator Posts: 7,653
    Do you need to purge garden worms of poop first ? ;)
    photo mooo_avat.gif "I'm a Doug Addict" photo cow2heartkisses.gif
  • Heintz.GHeintz.G Moderator Posts: 1,363
    edited January 2015
    Nah, I just give them a wash under the tap and never had a problem yet, also I don't use pesticides.
    Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes & dreams.
  • MoooMooo Moderator Posts: 7,653
    >:D< Just what I read when feeding them to my Rams many moons ago ;) :-B
    photo mooo_avat.gif "I'm a Doug Addict" photo cow2heartkisses.gif
  • BrengunBrengun Moderator Posts: 1,985
    Mozzie wrigglers for the win!
    Photobucket